Wednesday, June 18, 2008

back in black

Good morning. First off, sincere apologies for my lack of recent postings. The blog-police sent me a 2nd notice of non-compliance due to insufficient posting, and have threatened to revoke my cyber-license.... Booyah!

For those loyal and devoted ga+d followees (our '1000 fans'), you know that the original Mission Statement of this blog was to promote a higher awareness of the importance of architecture in our everyday lives, as well as evoke spontaneous social commentary on architecture + design in general. Obviously we have strayed from that mission and failed miserably.

But fear not, we are back, and are 'harder, better, stronger, faster' than ever (well, at least 3 out of 4). The iphone is fully loaded with Daft Punk and Rage, and we are here to stir the design community and rock your architectural world.

The project referenced above recently pulled in a prestigious design "Award of Honor" from the American Institute of Architects (AIA). We, as well as the awards jury, felt it worthy of recognition. Any comments out there...?

6 comments:

Jenn said...

that space is bad to the bone. almost makes me want to change stylists...almost.

Daniel said...

What's most interesting about this is that I had NO idea it would win an award when I designed. what a pleasant surprise!


On a serious note.. I had literally zero idea that there was that much space in that location. I've been in there probably 5 or 6 times and thought it only went back to a small area by the makeup stand. Is that evidence of anything more than my lack of attention to detail?

Jenn said...

i don't know if that makes me want to get my hair done, or go get a martini. well done...of course.

jenn

g2 said...

trav: didn't know you had your own personal stylist..you're livin' large my friend

daniel: sorry for not crediting you with our design...my bad. also, following up on previous email regarding "projects", please excuse my harshness; reality got the better of me that night. actually, this IS one of those projects i had coming out of....well, you know. nothin' but love for the rock. seriously, if your "project" shrinks back into a one-track afternoon session, book the gig.

jen: yeah, i know; any excuse for a color + a martini

Anonymous said...

One of the chairs is a little crooked. God is in the details.

Seriously, nice.

CoachZ said...

welcome back...love the design!